10/26/11

Silhouette

We are in the process of moving to Oklahoma!  I'm going through crafting withdrawals!  We are in between houses for 3 weeks, and living temporarily in a small apartment.  I packed up all my crafting items, and can't wait to get settled into our new home!  I have  many ideas to get started on!


This past summer, I purchased a Silhouette cutting machine.  I have only done a few projects using it, but so far every project has been so fun!  I love watching the machine cut and do it's thing!  
I came across made.  There are a TON of tutorials on her site!  One in particular caught my eye, and I knew I wanted to try it...Recycled Grocery Totes!  The picture below are the ones Dana made and used for her tutorial.  Aren't they great?!

In the tutorial, Dana tells you how to melt a number of plastic sacks together to make a strong re-usable tote!  I saved up all my Target shopping bags until I had enough to make my tote.  Once I had enough bags hoarded I got started!  Melting the bags together was kind of fun, I have to admit!  Once I had the bags made, I used my Silhouette to cut the letters and design from some fabric I had laying around.  I think the bag came out great!  It's a bit smaller than my other re-usable grocery bags, but perfect for the quick trips to the store to pick up a few things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment