1/6/12

Elf of the Shelf....my ideas!

Christmas is over, and I'm starting dreading putting all my decorations away!  Christmas is my favorite time of year, and I go overboard with the trees!  I think there is one in every room...yes, even the bathroom has  a tree!  
I'm sure most of you have heard of Elf of the Shelf.  We got our little elf last year.  My boys decided to name him Chester.  For those that don't know what it is...Chester is our "Elf on the Shelf"He comes once a year during the holidays and watches the kids during the day. At night, he flies to the North Pole and reports to Santa if you have been good or bad. Each morning he's in a new spot and kids have to find him! Sometime the elves can be pretty mischievous!
Last year, Chester was pretty boring!  He just hid in a different place each night.  This year, thanks to pinterest, Chester had A LOT more fun!  The boys loved waking up each morning to see what Chester did during the night! 
I wanted to put this post together before Christmas, but I wanted pictures to go with it.  So, here it is...after the holidays!  Just file or pin it for next year to help you with ideas for your Elf on the Shelf!  

 Get-r-done Chester!  Hope you had fu-un!

 Chester went camping...and enjoyed yummy roasted marshmallows!

 Chester cookin' up some "be good" sugar cookies

 Everyone looks good as Rudolph!

 All in a days work...

 Chester decided it would be fun to string all of my letter and number cookie cutters together to make a garland of the kitchen tree!
 Close up of Chester stringing the cookie cutters together for the tree!

 Chester played 'Jingle Bells', and made everyone jingle bracelets.  His only requests was that we sing to him throughout the day!

 St. Nicolas Eve!  Chester placed candy and an ornament in the boys shoes!

 We elves try to stick to the 4 main food groups:  candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup!"  from the movie Elf

 Too......much......syrup!
 Naughty list alert, naughty list alert!  Someone got a warning letter from Chester!

 Chester was feeling a bit home sick, and decided to hang out with my Santa collection

 Nothing like a good book and a nice, warm bubble bath!

 Chester wanted to make sure he could see well, so he climbed to the top of our tree!

 Mmmm....dark chocolate!  Chester got hungry again!

 Chester is certainly not camera shy!

 Hittin' the slopes!

 We heroes have to stick together!

 Sail away, sail away, sail away...

 The 4th Wiseman

 The Office Elf...

 Hanging with his kitties...

 An elf must always be prepared to fill in at any moment!

 Never, EVER get into a snowball fight with a snowman!

 Santa sent back an early (& big) Christmas present backwith Chester.  Since we are at my mom's for Christmas, Santa knew we wouldn't have room to bring the big wheels back.  Smart man!
"...and if I ever need any guidance, who's a better consiglieri than my father?"

Special delivery!  Brought in extra reindeer food.

No comments:

Post a Comment