1/20/12

Getting Organized

New year, new ideas to help get organized!  Each week I sit down and try to plan out my meals for the week in hopes to make one big trip to the grocery store.  Although I had good intentions, I always ended up forgetting something, changing my mind on what to fix or even forgetting what I had planned for meals!!  I always ended up going back to the store numerous times for one or two things.  Each day I would wonder what I could fix for supper, and end up rushing at the last minute.  I decided I don't need to stress out over meals!  I found a free printable meal planner online through pinterest.  I printed it out and placed it in a frame behind glass.  Once a week I make my huge shopping list.  I write down what I'll make for meals for the week on the glass with a dry erase maker.  It's great!  I don't have to worry each day what I'm going to make.  I use what I buy at the store so there's less waste.  Since I plan out the meals for the week, I get all I need the first trip to the store.  I don't change my mind on what to fix because 1.  It's not on the meal planner and 2.  I don't have all the ingredients for it!  I'm loving my new meal planner.  It's such a simple idea that has helped me!  So glad I started using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment